CLOSING DATE 19 January 2023
Receiving the vendors invoices, booking the invoices on Glovia system, communicating payment requests with the centralized payment team in Cape Town, preparation of the withholding tax in addition to supporting the ledger controller in the monthly closing tasks including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
As Payable Accountant you will be responsible for supporting colleagues in the local Finance team in the accurate and timely submission of financial information. You will be responsible for month end closing activities. You will be expected to work closely with local non-Finance colleagues to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financial information. You will be working to tight deadlines and be expected to work within the appropriate financial controls in line with NOV, SOX and US GAAP requirements. You will liaise with internal and external auditors as required. You should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive invoices from suppliers or procurement department.
- Make sure that all documentation and supporting document is attached with invoice (PO, contract, POD, etc.)
- Perform three-way match between invoice, PO or contract and POD.
- Make sure that requests and Pos were appropriately approved according to DOA.
- Resolve any issue may arise when receiving suppliers invoices or during the approval process.
- Reconcile vendor statements to sort out any differences.
- Prepare AP aging report periodically.
- Prepare payment request for due AP invoices on time.
- Prepare a batch that contains the payment request and its supporting documentations and send it for treasury processing.
- Monitoring the payment terms of suppliers and make sure to delay it as possible.
Bachelors degree of commerce or in relevant degree (Essential)
2 Years of Experience in finance (Essential)