Employment type: Full-time & Permanent
Starting salary of USD 60,000 per annum – 0% tax environment
Job Location: Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities – we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways. With the right performance and potential, you could be managing the power desk for an entire country within eighteen months in your role. Come join our dream team!
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence
What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Commercial team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
- Developing new trading tools, strategies and improve existing ones
- Conducting fundamental research & analysis using Python
- Working hand in hand with the tech team to implement new business ideas
- Spearheading entry into new markets/ fields
- Upholding and living our cultural values
- Excellent numerical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to think clearly in critical situations
- Passion, resilience, and integrity
Preferred Qualification & Background
We look for individuals from strong numerical backgrounds as such skills carry over well for excelling as a Junior Analyst. However, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences with a track record of excellence, both inside and outside of academics.