Fully Funded Forum in Saudi Arabia
The Ministry of Culture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in partnership with the National Committee for Education, Culture, and Science and the Saudi Heritage Commission, will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 from September 3-12, 2023. The Forum will be held in Riyadh and the Al-Ahsa Oasis, and will be a part of the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee, within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme. The theme of the Forum is “Looking Ahead: The Next 50 Years of Protecting Natural and Cultural Heritage”. The NGO Diadrasis will support the development and implementation of the Forum.
Place: Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, and all the world.
All related expenses (economy class flights, accommodation, local transportation, and meals) will be covered by the host country for the duration of the Forum. The organizers will also assist in the travel preparations and will provide support to the participants who need a visa.
Theme of the forum
World Heritage & Climate Change
World Heritage and Sustainable Tourism
Diversity & Representation of World Heritage
The Digital Dimension of World Heritage
· Must be between 23 and 32 years old.
· Must possess experience in one of the following fields: World Heritage, conservation, archaeology, architecture, urban planning and regeneration, restoration, art history, tourism, climate change, or digital technology.
· Must demonstrate motivation and commitment towards implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
· Must be dedicated to improving community engagement in the management of World Heritage properties.
· Must be available for the entire duration of the Forum.
· Must have proficiency in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
4 June 2023