2 to 4 years
- Location: Pyramids Heights Campus
- Reports to: Section Head, Accounts Payable
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable related activities that includes but not limited to posting all related entries, processing invoices and payment vouchers and generating all payables related reports.
- Job Accountabilities:
- Reviews all vendor invoices prior bookkeeping them to ensure compliance with local tax laws and internal control measures
- Resolves any accounting inconsistencies upon balances or reconciliations, and refer to manager, Accounts Payable in the abnormal cases
- Assists in end-of-month closing activities by maintaining lists of Accounts Payable transactions as well as the general ledger entries.
- Ensures expense reports are coded properly while preparing them and approving vouchers for payment
- Follows up on suppliers and vendors administering related accounts payments and reconciliations
- Verifies all Accounts Payable transactions in financial reports
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors participating in end of period audit by providing documents and materials
- Reviews all invoices details with PO (date, suppliers name, tax ID…etc), confirms items are approved by quality assurance and records transactions on used system (ERP).
- Issues cheques and prepares all supporting documents (Aging report, payment voucher, and invoice) for approval by Manager, Accounts Payable.
- Prepares payment vouchers in compliance with invoices
- Answers inquiries from different department, employees and outside vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters
- Issuing a weekly check to cover expenses cash
- Books invoices on system
- Matches invoices with purchase orders, where applicable, purchase order requisitions.
- Records all expense entries and ensures high accuracy postings
- Settles petty cash expenses by recording relevant entries and verifying vs all supporting documents
- Prepares and provides all tax inspection requirements
- Avoids receiving and Audit or Management letters in own area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with all Finance Policies, Processes & SOPs
- Pro-actively making suggestions for improvements in procedures/savings
- Generates weekly reports from system showing due cheques
- Prepares accrual expenses and prepaid expenses and prepayment accounts
- Handles the accurate preparation of relevant account payables reports on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, ensuring they are done in a timely manner
- Issues AP aging report, accrual expenses report, prepaid expenses reports and suppliers pre-payment reports on monthly basis
- Prepares withholding tax report on quarterly basis (prepared for the previous quarter and must be submitted the following month)
- Prepares all necessary end of month and end of year report
- Performs any other tasks requested from Manager, Accounts Payable and/or Finance Director.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two to Four years of experience in Accounts Payable.
- Experience in educational institutes is preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Very good communication skills.
- Good level of punctuality and accountability.
- Very Good level of English language.
- Previous knowledge with ERP systems.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS. applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…)
- Five days a week.