About the job
- Conducting research and writing scripts on topics prior to broadcasts.
- Attending and reporting on events that are of interest to the public.
- Delivering scripted, spontaneous, live, and prerecorded reports on newsworthy events.
- Transcribing and summarizing events for further news purposes.
- Working collaboratively with cameramen and other members of a reporting team.
- Representing the organization at conferences, press briefings, events, and interviews.
- Ensuring a professional appearance, language use, and manner throughout reports.
- A bachelors degree in journalism, communications, or a specialized field such as politics, economics, or international relations.
- At least 2 year of experience in news, television, or journalism.
- Ethical and professional research and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to form and ask probing questions to interviewees.
- Passionate about the news and current events.
- Well-spoken, engaging, and knowledgeable about news events.
- Critically-minded, meticulous, and excellent recall of facts.
- Adventurous, calm under pressure, and determined to uncover the truth.
- Great interpersonal and rapport-building skills.