The Senior Accounting Officer is responsible for providing comprehensive professional accounting services and managing the activities of the accounting unit to support the effectiveness of the department across the business.
- Supervise the maintenance of data related to specific Accounting functions in order to ensure information availability and accuracy.
- Carry out functional supervisory responsibilities that include planning and assigning tasks, setting deadlines, monitoring results, and quality, providing training in addition to relaying the teams requests to the hierarchy.
- Process ledger and booking entries according to stated procedures so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify, investigate and rectify routine errors and anomalies in input data in order to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Monitor accounting procedural compliance by subordinates and employees in order to ensure that all systems are adhered to.
- Analyze ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an ongoing basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
- Prepare reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review in a timely manner.
- Prepare non-routine financial data as requested in order to support management decision-making.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA is a plus
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar field
- Proficiency in MS office
- Fluency in English