Work a queue/pool of delinquent accounts to collect arrears to bring customers account up-to-date or within agreed terms of borrowing using different collection tools. (Telephone, letters, email, legal process etc).
Ensure that due process is followed during follow up and customer are treated fairly and always with due respect
Key Result Areas
- Follow up on accounts/ work queue assigned to contact customers, inform them about their overdue/ upcoming dues and get them to pay and regularize their repayments.
- Achieve the performance targets that has been communicated by the TL
- The job involves calling customer for most part of the day- approximately 100-150 calls daily.
- All customer calls must be made from assigned recorded lines and customer interactions updated on the collection system.
- Contact customers to collect the full overdue payment or if the full payment cannot be made then negotiate a repayment plan as required.
- Identify potential skips and fraud cases and escalate all irregularities in accounts to the attention of the TL.
- Follow up promises to ensure payments are received. Focus on resolving and responding to customer queries.
- Initiate settlement negotiations to recover delinquent balances (seriously delinquent/specific accounts)
- Updating latest contact details of customer in Finn1 and inform customers/ facilitate how to (billing changes, SI changes, reversals etc)
- To regularly highlight problems or trends encountered during routine collections to the TL for possible solutions and further escalation if required.
- All customer interaction/communication must be done using approved formats, approved media and recorded lines and official/ designated mail IDs.
- Ensure that all customer queries/complaints are responded/addressed in a timely manner and customer are always treated with respect, ensuring adherence to Customer Contact Guidelines
- Any difficult queries /issues must be highlighted to the Team Leader to review and assist in having them addressed.
- Ensure awareness of the relevant CPR guidelines and ensure adherence to the same as appropriate.
- Work on reports and debits account as and when required
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- The job holder is responsible meet the defaulting customers and try to solve their payment problems by working with the customer to arrive at an amicable solution or recommending the account for the necessary action/ escalation
- The job holder is required to work towards settling the customers liability and manage the customer relationship.
- The position requires a minimum experience of 1-3 years in banking, or similar field incorporating continuous customer engagement and dealing with target-oriented roles.
- The job holder should possess good communication skills, ability to negotiate and have a good understanding of system (excel/word/PPT).
- Basis understanding of legal framework
- Should be able to work under pressure and is also required to be customer focused